Tuesday 17 March 2015

April 2nd

April is gonna be SMASHING!! Get on the Manillatrain with brilliant headliner

ANDREW O'NEILL

Have a read of this bio, by himself..

I am a stand-up comedian, a metalhead, an amateur occultist and a musician. I've pretty much been a show off since birth. I did comedy sketches in assemblies at school, and pissed away my A Levels making comedy films with my mates on my brothers camcorder. You will never get to see these, because my mates would fucking kill me if I put them on the net.

I've done a bit of telly, (including Never Mind The Buzzcocks, and Saxondale with Steve Coogan) and lots of radio (including BBC Radio 1, Radio 4, Radio 4 Extra, and 5live) but live is where the hidden mind-control signals planted in my work are most effective.

I'm a bit of a regular on the comedy stages at Download, Sonisphere, Bloodstock, Leeds and Reading festivals. I've opened for Amanda Palmer off of the Dresden Dolls, done audience warm-up for Never Mind the Buzzcocks, hosted the Metal Hammer Golden Gods, played at Torture Garden and the Bizarre Magazine Ball and load of other events where people mainly wear shiny things.

I'm vegan, as you can tell by the fact that I have a lithe, sinewy body. I'm a heterosexual transvestite, as you can tell by the fact that I wear female clothes and fancy girls. I'm not a goth. This is an understandable error, but there is a difference between a metaller who cross-dresses and a goth. And if need be I will fight you to demonstrate that difference. I've got nothing against goths. Some of my best friends are goths. Their food is lovely and they have natural rhythm.

I am in a steampunk band called The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing and I do walking tours of Jack The Ripper's murder sites.

"An increasingly distinctive, imaginative act... brilliant, genuinely unexpected lines are added to the mix. At this rate, it won't be long until he's huge." - Chortle

"He's got a natural optimism and love of silliness that leaves you feeling remarkably positive... a winning blend of polemic and off-beat whimsy." - The Guardian

"One of the funniest comedians on the circuit at the moment... hitting new heights of comedic brilliance."
- TimeOut


Sold! He's fucking ace..
As usual, doors 8pm.. And entry is FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment